The 1.3 million-member United Food and Commercial Workers International Union (UFCW), a powerful voice for working men and women, is seeking a Digital Ads Specialist to develop innovative ad campaigns and optimize their delivery to build power for workers across the country.
Our growing digital organizing team captures and amplifies the stories of retail workers nationwide and broadens the reach of the UFCW brand to non-union audiences. The team works collaboratively and creatively to craft compelling content that informs, inspires, engages, and pushes people to take action to make retail jobs better.
The team seeks an enthusiastic Digital Ads Specialist to help empower workers who are seeking to have a better life. In this role, you will accelerate UFCW’s communications with workers through creative paid marketing campaigns. As the first hire focused on paid media, this is an opportunity for you to design the program from the ground up. You will have the technical know-how to optimize multiple paid ad campaigns in real time, the ingenuity to design cutting-edge experiments, and the communication skills to report back successfully on both. Compassion for others and a commitment to supporting working people are musts.
The Digital Ads Specialist will work in our Washington, DC office. Work requires limited travel and/or irregular or unpredictable hours.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES
- Create omnichannel ad campaigns to engage workers online: You will contribute to the overall digital organizing strategy, manage ad budgets, negotiate terms with advertising vendors, and use self-managed platforms to build and monitor programmatic digital buys in display and video.
- Optimize ad performance: You will manage all facets of ongoing ad campaigns to increase UFCW’s digital engagement and influence, including A/B testing ad creative content, setting up audiences, keyword research, and optimizing for conversions and KPIs. You will troubleshoot delivery and ensure that tracking tags and pixels are implemented properly and resolve tracking/reporting discrepancies with data analytics team.
- Produce actionable, data-driven reporting: In conjunction with the data analytics team and vendors, you will analyze UFCW ad campaign data to provide real-time recommendations for digital ad spends. You will produce daily report monitoring for UFCW senior leadership, and as well as retroactive digital advertising audits. You will utilize audience analytics and social listening data to inform both paid ads and broader content strategy.
- Track industry best practices: You will be hungry to learn, and stay up-to-date with paid marketing trends, engagement best practices, and potential new channels and strategies in paid search, display, social marketing, and programmatic media buying.
- Relevant work experience in either digital media buying, or strategic communications, issue organizing, political organizing, or labor organizing.
- Understanding of social media performance metrics like Facebook Insights and Ads Manager.
- Knowledge of retargeting/remarketing, display, and rich media/video advertising.
- Ability to problem-solve and make decisions in real time in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter with the ability to manage workflow independently as well as collaboratively.
- Experience in demand side platforms and social media ad buying interface.
- Google Ads account management experience and certification.
- Strong working knowledge of Google Analytics, Tag Manager and other related tools.
- Knowledge of SEO, online search mediums and social media and an understanding of how all these channels work together with advertising.
- Demonstrated experience using social media in advocacy campaigns and to increase an organization’s reach, relevance, and influence.
- Comfort with SMS, Facebook messenger, Instagram, and other digital media.
- Experience working in a retail environment.
Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and three professional references to: http://www.dcjobs.com/j/38730994
Do not apply using the apply button below. Please only apply at the dcjobs link listed above.
UFCW is committed to staff diversity. We welcome qualified people of all backgrounds to apply.UFCW is an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations will be provided pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).