270 Strategies is seeking a driven, strategic, and proven leader to serve as the Executive Director of a new non-profit in St. Louis, MO that will recruit and support pragmatic progressive leaders in running for local office. The non-profit believes that for children to have access to a quality education in St. Louis, leaders are needed who will bring evidenced based solutions that have been shown to increase opportunity and equity in education.
This organization will work with leaders and provide them the tools necessary to run for office and develop local policy platforms on all issues affecting education - from economic development to access to nutritious food. The Executive Director will play an essential role in growing the organization, managing staff, building relationships with key stakeholders, and defining the organization’s policy agenda.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and execute plans to meet the organizational vision and long-term goals
- Serve as the public face of the organization by establishing and maintaining relationships with other nonprofit organizations, elected officials, corporations, schools, media, and donors
- Implementing a program to recruit, train, and support a deep, diverse field of candidates across various levels of political office in St. Louis
- Develop and lead programming geared toward engaging with key stakeholders and ultimately creating a policy agenda that is broadly reflective of community input
- Building a program to run independent expenditures in support of local candidates who are supportive of the organization’s values and policy objectives
- Grow, manage, and support staff members; create systems and processes to encourage collaboration and efficiency
- Identifying and managing vendors as needed
If interested, please apply with your resume and we will follow up with additional details.
We named our firm “270” for the number of electoral votes required to win the White House. The team at 270 Strategies includes key leadership from across the Obama organization – and we constantly hustle for that presidential-level work.
Our sweet spot is helping organizations engage everyday people in their work. We find people who care about the same things our clients do – whether they have common values or common goals – and help move them to action. We believe in the power of organizing, both online and offline – and we help our clients build engagement strategies that prioritize the experience of their target audience and connect with them in a meaningful way.
270 Strategies is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to clients and constituents. 270 Strategies is an equal opportunity employer and it is 270 Strategies’ policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.