Careers Michigan Renewable Energy Regional Organizing Director
270 Strategies is looking for an experienced organizer who is committed to increasing renewable energy growth in America. Wind and solar generation provide clean energy for families and businesses across Michigan, and offer jobs and economic opportunities in rural communities throughout the state.
We’re looking for an experienced organizer to lead our Michigan renewable energy portfolio, supporting our on-the-ground outreach, community engagement, and client support efforts. The Regional Director will design and execute a relational organizing campaign across the state in support of utility-scale renewable energy. The Regional Director will use traditional organizing skills and digital platforms to recruit residents, activists and community leaders to publicly support renewable energy developments. If you believe, like we do, that we need more renewable energy in Michigan, we want to hear from you.
This position will be based statewide in Michigan and will require occasional night and weekend hours, light travel across the state, and normally will not exceed 40 hours per week.
The Regional Director will:
- Develop strong relationships with key community stakeholders
- Create content for and manage local social media accounts
- Plan and report on your weekly activities to your National Organizing Director
- Plan community events (town halls, community dinners)
- Mobilize supporters and activists to show their support during key moments
- 2-3 years of experience in relational organizing including recruiting, organizing, training, and supporting volunteer-led grassroots organizations.
- Campaign strategy, planning, and volunteer management experience.
- Comfortable working independently as part of a remote team and communicating over phone, Slack, and messaging programs.
- Enthusiasm and ability to travel up to 25%.
- Experience creating externally facing, written and/or visual content for organizing campaigns Familiarity or excitement to learn digital organizing skills using new strategies and platforms.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management & organizational skills and ability to keep track of multiple projects and relationships.
- The annual salary range for this role will be $70,000-74,000 with healthcare benefits.
- To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Regional Organizing Director in the subject of your email.