Postmates is building a team of organizers to support a New York public engagement campaign. We’re looking to hire experienced organizers who want to improve standards in the e gig economy, by gathering input from our community of workers throughout the states, elevating the voice of the worker in our product & policy decisions, and advocating for legal reforms to craft new worker protections & benefits in the on-demand economy.
As an organizer, you’ll work to engage and activate delivery couriers and supporters of the gig economy in New York, around some of today’s most important policy issues defining the future of gig-work, and how we modernize 20th century laws to reflect 21st century work. Organizers will build a community of couriers helping them engage in this important political dialogue and making sure their voices are heard.
Our team is small but our mission is big and we are looking for a passionate change-maker to join us in building the best community for gig-workers. If you believe, like we do, that the future of work should include supporting an innovative and flexible economy in New York, we want to hear from you.Responsibilities:
- Identify and meet with couriers to understand their views and circumstances
- Train couriers on how to tell their personal stories in person and in writing
- Find opportunities to meet and talk with key community stakeholders
- Answer questions about policy stances
- Establish relationships with local residents and community leaders
- Plan community events (town-halls, appreciation events, legislative office visit, letter writing campaigns) to engage and educate couriers and others
- Mobilize supporters and activists to show their support during key legislative moments
- Plan your activities with, and report your activities to the Campaign Manager
- Manage a CRM database by tracking and entering clean data in a timely manner
- Be a representative of Postmates with an on brand and professional manner
- Have experience organizing in New York
- Are comfortable speaking to a group, or one on one, about the urgency of a campaign and encouraging people to get involved
- Know how to quickly identify the influential voices in a community and then work to build trust and inspire people to action
- Are as comfortable talking to the local legislatures, volunteers or business leaders
- Experience with a CRM, database management, excel, email marketing
- Organizers will need their own housing, car, cell phone, and computer
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, comfortable with public speaking, and highly organized
- Organizing experience in New York (preferred but not required)
270 Strategies is assisting Postmates in this search. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter using the apply button below.